Thursday, April 27, 2006

 

One month!
















So we have been here one month. One month of getting to know the Twin Cities, meeting an enitrely new crew at work, and starting to fall in love with a beautiful part of the world.

It has been fun getting to know our new home. I did indeed miss being in the Midwest, but Minnesota is clearly a different place than Illinois. Our focus this week has been exploring St. Paul, and that has shown us some attractive neighborhoods that are clearly urban, but certainly not in the Chicago or NY sense. They appeal to us because they seem to be good places for us to raise our kids but not lose touch with the urban centers that are here in the Twin Cities. We know not where we will end up, but there is a lot to like here, and I have a feeling that we will find what we want.

So much has happened in a month, but it has gone by so fast. Tomorrow, we receive our first dry grocery load at Trader Joe's (mmmmm.....cheese crunchies), so we will be rarin' to go in the early morning hours tomorrow.

The kiddos seem to be right at home, and my wife has done an outstanding job.

God has led us to a church we think will be our home, and the importance of that is difficult to overstate. We were quite certain that He had led us here, and so much of what has happened this month has added to our confidence. We are so happy to be here, and we look forward to exploring Minnesota more and seeing all it has to offer.

The weather here has been amazingly good. 60's and 70's, blue skies, and spring bursting everywhere. It seems odd that the day we got here, snow covered this cold prairie, and now the new life has spring has asserted itself with such boldness.

Makes me want to grab a canoe and start rowing...explore the lakes...ah jeez, I like it here.

Comments:
Joel, I love you. I am glad that things are going so well. I do miss you so much, but it is good to hear that you know that God is directing your path. I can't tell you how many times I have played the kid's Easter video. I just love to watch it. Maybe someday we can join you for a canoe ride, or a SLEIGH ride. That would be nice. In the meantime, you are in my heart and in my prayers.

Love, Mom
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?