Monday, May 01, 2006

 

C'mon, give me something!



Why is it that as soon as I move to the Twin Cities, the Twins decide to take their team to the john? I tell ya', as I sit here watching them get their clocks cleaned by the.....Seattle Mariners, it is hard to get excited. Our life in the Twin Cities began with our trip here in early March. While visiting, Kirby Puckett passed away, and we saw an amazing outpouring of emotion from this city.

Then, as Linus van Pelt once said, the game started. All the attention toward the Twins right now is devoted to their extravagant demands from the tax payers of Hennepin county regarding a new stadium. Last weekend, the Twins were outscored in their three games with the Tigers 36-1. Mind you, this is the Twins, not the Vikings. My daughter has continually asked to play baseball with me lately. Today she asked several times if we could play baseball in St. Paul. It may be necessary very soon for us to venture to Midway Stadium in St. Paul and take in our first St. Paul Saints game. Minor league baseball may be an improvement over the Twins right now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?