Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

"One sleepy girl"

These words were uttered at 8:11 CDT this morning, a mere ten minutes after this photo was taken. Corrie still needs to figure out that rest is to her benefit. This is something many people still need to learn, and I hope I do not sound arrogant in my assertion that I am not one of them. Resting is not difficult for me. On this Sabbath, the rest I can take in my kids, and in the joy of worship and the Lord's table is a unique pleasure.

But enough platitudes, back to the girl. She woke up with a cheerful glimmer in her eyes, and proclaimed herself to be one sleepy girl as I showed her this photo. There is a sweetness to her demeanor first thing in the morning that I don't always get to observe. She greets the day with excitement for what it will bring, and comfort in the presence of one or both of her parents.

As I write, it is 8:17, and Jack is still asleep. This is very unusual, and it goes to show that the kiddos had a busy day yesterday. I would no doubt be asleep as well were it not for the responsibilities of the day that await. And yet, something tells me that in 20 years, when I am again able to sleep until 8:17 and beyond on my days off, I will take joy in my grown children, but also be so glad I enjoyed these times when Steph and I go in to the kids' room together to greet our kiddos at the beginning of another day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?