Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

One week later





Well, I have had a few days (and two days off) to think about things here in Minnesota since the Trader Joe's opened. One thing I have realized is just how much we all need time away from our jobs. Ironically, the time we need it the most is when we are needed at work the most. The stress of work last week proved to be quite high at times, but I am thankful for the time I could have with my family last weekend.

The store continues to do well, but it has slowed down to a more managable pace for the moment. We are beginning to feel the strains of summer in the air, as I am reminded of the warm summer nights here in the Midwest. True, it is only May, but it was warm last night, and rather pleasant.

The Twins continue to stink, so I am left to watch the exploits of the Dodgers from afar. Aside from the presence of my family of course, the Dodgers are a powerful link for me of my home. The time I think I became their biggest fan was the time we spent in Chicago. It is interesting what things come to the surface when you make a big change such as this one.

My kiddos continue to grow up before my eyes. My son is beginning to call for me when he needs more food, and my daughter is able to identify which American Idol contestant she likes. Watching her read her Bible and begin to see basic elements of the faith is a wonder.

And through it all, my wife is my partner. She supports me, and helps me through the tough times at work. I am grateful that God gave us each other, as we stumble through life, trying to understand what it means to be Godly parents, and enjoying watching our daughter and son grow up.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?