Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Stephanie Bascom: Real Estate Expert

I am coming off a losing streak. I have exhibited some unseemly behavior in my resentment of the amount of money that we will have to pay when we buy a house in the next few months. I was shocked by the cumulative amount of the interest I will be paying after 30 years (an amount which comes out to being almost double the principal-yes, I will pay for this house twice for the right to live there.) In my fiery emotion, my wife has remained patient. This house thing is yet another purchase in a line of purchases that I have had trouble with (I nearly wept upon the purchase of my first car-ask my parents.) It is counteracted by the joy that I know my wife and kids will take in a new house. Steph is patient with me and my frustrations over the money we will spend. And she seems to be a veritable fount of information regarding the real estate process. I don't know where she learned all this, but she seems to know a lot. It's a good thing, because my patience for it all is so little that if it weren't for her, we'd probably get knifed in this whole process even more than we already are. She is a great source of support and strength through it all, and I love her.

Comments:
We thank God, too, everyday, for Steph, Joel. We know what a support she is to you,and we are thankful!
 
Hi Joel & Steph! I, too, hate the big purchases. And paying rent. And, come to think of it, many of the little purchases, too. We'll pray for you through this process.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?