Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

Be it ever so expensive

Well, we have a house. We are the proud owners of a three bedroom house in the south part of Minneapolis. I am not excited about the expense. Come to think of it, there is little that excites me about this process. Nor does it scare me, or depress me. It is what it is. A roof will be over our heads at an affordable (I think) price, and that's really all that matters.

But, I am happy for my wife. I think this has always been a dream for her, and it is fun to think about how we will set up the house.

In the end, this day is momentous, but not really. It is an important start for us, but I hope that it ends up being as mundane as it now feels, as this place becomes as familiar as anything. As familiar as 531 Chestnut or 14432 Brink. What I truly want is to be away from the excitement and "thrill" of the home buying experience (oh...such a thrill), and to simply stop looking for a place to live.

I think we have that now, and it will be a nice change. But I think we will need all the change I can get. :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?