Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

Right Back Where I Started From

-Being back in California has proven to be interesting. It is interesting to be in such a familiar place, yet it is no longer home to me. It has proven to be a time of relaxation, as well as a time that proves again that we are still adjusting to this big change.

-Watching the World Cup, I am torn between watching a game that is dramatic and a game that seems to affected more than any other by the officiating. I am inclined not to watch because of spectacular unfairness of it. In baseball, you see frustrating calls and egos, in this game you see officials who actually hand games to teams-something with which I am not familiar.

-Low and behold, I am in LA and the Dodgers are playing the Twins in the Metrodome. The Twins have turned it on of late, and are playing some exciting baseball.

-Steph and I saw A Prairie Home Companion last night and liked it very much. This movie captures something unique on film-it's fair to say that I have never seen anything quite like it. Steph and I hope to sneak out at some point and see Superman this week.

-I am soon off to a birthday dinner for me at one of my favorite SoCal haunts, and I will love seeing Jeremy (my cousin and best man-ever :) ) and his family tonight. These are the things that make the trip back here fun. It is nice to see family, old sights, and visit TJ's as a customer and old friend rather than an employee.

-Steph and I had a great date last night. As we saw a film at a sight of one of our early dates, I am now reminded of the ghosts in that unimpressive suburban movie house. But even such unimaginative pieces of architecture can serve to create memories.

-Last but not least, my little Jack turned one on Sunday. Fun party, bad market cake, and homemade chocolate cake. We had fun, and Jack keeps growing. It was fun. I will never quite understand the utter fascination with feeding a one year old an entire cake. I am a pilgrim in a foreign land, but I seem to feel that way much of the time anyway.

Comments:
I'm loving your blog! Keep it up! And come see us in San Francisco while you're in LA!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?