Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Corrie's Progress

Today, we were driving from our new home (our place of residence in just one week) over to St. Paul, in our continuing quest for cheap antique furniture. In order to do so, we had to cross the most famous body of water in our country. As we found ourselves upon the 46th Street Bridge, I heard my daughter exclaim, "Look, it's the Mississippi River!" Steph and I looked at each other and laughed, realizing how much of a little sponge we are carrying in the back seat.

Later on during said excursion, I had on Johnny Cash: Live at San Quentin. As the strains of "I Still Miss Someone" came over the speakers, I heard another strain right behind me. The little voice of my daughter, singing along. Not word for word necessarily, but certainly chattering syllables which went along with the deep voiced legendary singer.

She also loves it when I put on classical music. A fact which makes me wonder, does she love it because I love it, or is it simply what she is used to? I may never know for sure.

My blog entries of late have been focused on other things, and I just knew my daughter's little voice would make a good entry for today. She is something else.

Comments:
Hi Joel,

I love it when you let us know what precious little Corrie is saying, and what she is doing. You and Steph are doing a good job filling us in. We appreciate it, and we need it because we miss you all so very much.

Love, Mom
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?