Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

Morning with the kiddos

Steph is at the new house getting things ready, so I had the unique oppurtunity of getting the kids up myself today. Right now, they are playing in the bath, and I am getting in this quick blog.

We move to our home tomorrow. We look forward to all that entails, especially since we have already received our first mortgage bills. I am putting together furniture, putting small knicks and wear and tear in our new items, and getting used to the sound and sight of jet airliners taking off in our back yard (there is a reason we can afford this place). The sound proofing in our home is remarkable though-you would never know there is an airport so close.

I just got a call from the pastor's wife at the church we have been attending. They want to bring us a meal this week. It is very nice to have people who care.

Work is going well, and the summer has been beautiful. We're supposed to have rain tomorrow on our move day...we'll see how that goes.

I read an article today in the LA Times about a young criminal defense attorney who defends drug offenders. As I read the story (and visited her blog link on the LA Times web site), I was fascinated yet again to think about this ellusive thing called the constitution that we have in this country, and how criminal defense attorneys are necessitated by it, but how we are often so troubled by the work they do. It is a quagmire, much like the constitution. Though I am conservative by nature, the stimulation I find at work (with some of my not so conservative coworkers) and in the LA Times is refreshing and challenging at the same time.

Can the Dodgers ever beat the Padres when it matters? More on that later.

My wife just got home...of I go.

Comments:
So glad that your Pastor's wife is doing such a kind thing! I am thankful for her!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?