Thursday, September 28, 2006

 

Little Things

Our parents have been very generous to us over the years. Right now, we as a family are heavy of heart, as Steph's grandfather has taken ill. We receive daily updates from Steph's parents as to his condition, which seems to be steadily improving. We pray for him and his wife often, and we are reminded of the fragility of human life and our dependance upon God for all things.

Having said that, I did something today which made me feel grateful for my in laws. Today, I took part in the autumnal ritual of cleaning out my gutters of fallen leaves. I went into my garage, grabbed my ladder and my pair of gloves, and went to work. As I performed this task, enjoying the crisp autumn air, I realized that both the ladder and the gloves were given to me by my in-laws. There are so many ways in which they have been generous to us, and two little things showed themselves in a brand new way today.

We miss our family in CA, and times like this make the distance all too real. But I am grateful for the life we have here, and the many ways we are reminded of our parents' generosity to us in our daily lives.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?