Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

The Mall o' America

In stark contrast to the nature of the Minnehaha Falls of which I wrote yesterday, today I write about another wonder of the Twin Cities. The Mall of America only seems bigger every time I go there. And even though it is almost everything that I do not like about American consumerism, there is a certain down homeness to it. It avoids the opulence which I saw at South Coast Plaza in Orange County, but make no mistake, it rakes in the cash.

Here, mom and dad can shop to their heart's content, and let the kids loose in the indoor amusement park found in the center of the mall. Corrie loves the kids' roller coaster and merry go round. I hope to try out the roller coaster one day.

This is a world wide tourist destination, and oddly enough, it's "our mall", as it is located only 5 minutes away. If we want to go to the mall, it is the most logical place to go. Steph and I have both witnessed several friends and family members of the female persuasion have their interest piqued at the mention that we live near this mall. Well now, thanks to our move, it's practically in our back yard. Any time we have people visting us for the first time, it is certainly worth a look.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?