Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Back

I witnessed something lovely this morning. I picked my wife up at the airport, and she and I caught up a bit over coffee. When we got home, the kids were still in bed, but Jack was awake. When Steph walked in, and he saw her, there was no shriek of joy, or squeal of happiness. Instead, he wrapped his arms around her neck, rested his head upon her shoulder, and smiled a Platonic version of a smile. If contentment exists, this was the Platonic form of that as well. He would smile, rest his head, and then lift his head up to almost as if he was seeing if it was still his mom. Upon reaching the conclusion that it was still mom, he would repeat the same hug, the same head on the shoulder, and the same smile of contentment.

I really loved being with the kids these few days, and spending time with my folks. But there is a completeness to things now that Steph is back, even if she can't keep her eyes open thanks to the red eye flight.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?