Wednesday, November 08, 2006

 

I Don't Understand

If there's one thing I don't understand, it's people who are cocky for no reason.

Why was our president so cocky about victory yesterday? The polls clearly showed otherwise, and now he has lost at least one house of congress, and possibly both.

I'm not saying we should trust polls-what I don't understand is how anyone can play the cockiness game (one way or the other) when no votes have been counted.

I think it speaks to why this country voted essentially against Bush yesterday. The Democrats have nothing cohesive to offer, but Bush's manner is what people are voting against. That manner is best summed up in his insistence that the Republicans would win yesterday. I think that speaks volumes about the man. Yes, the language of politics is always assumption of victory for your side. But since Bush seems to never admit when he's wrong, it's hard to know what he believes and what's just political talk. I don't think he speaks political language. I think he really did think he was going to win yesterday. I think that's the problem with his presidency in a nutshell. But, that is also why he got elected. The people of this country voted for him because of his conviction, now they vote against him for the same reason. What a confused species the American is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?