Saturday, December 09, 2006

 

Crossing My Fingers

My wife shakes her head...

I lie in wait...

Read this forecast: http://www.startribune.com/dynamic/weather/weather_paul.php

I do not look forward to shoveling snow...nor do I cherish the increased commute time. It's been plenty cold enough to seem seasonal-the mercury plummeted to -1 yesterday morning (though we have a heat wave right now, with weather in the 40s and 30s this week). Snow mainly causes problems.

I read this week that 7 out of 10 Christmases feature 1" or more of snow on the ground. Of course that means that 3 out of 10 must be without snow. And of course the general warming trends of recent years might tip that 70% more toward 50-50.

But I want the mythology. There has to be a good reason for the snow. For me, it is the atmosphere it brings at the Feast of the Nativity, and I want to see my kids' faces.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?