Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

Daddy...It's Snowing




My daughter spoke these words bounding down the stairs, and I went up to see golf-ball sized snowflakes descending. Charming indeed.

All of us, I suppose, are products of our parents. At this point in my life, I see a lot from column A (Dad), a lot from column B (Mom), and a stunning increase in the input from column C (wife and family). The love of snow, my dad would be proud to note, comes from column B. The older I get, the more I see myself as an independent adult, but there are still those things so clearly given to me by my parents.

True, by Minnesota standards, it was still meager. We are supposed to get more tonight, but the excitement in my daughter was something to behold. After a long wait, we had our first real snowstorm, and it was small enough to not be a pain!

Tonight, we hitched up the steeds and took a cruise into St. Paul to check out the light show. On Summit Avenue (a major road that runs through the west side of St. Paul), the stately mansions' decor looked even better with a blanket of white snow over them. I have 3 work days between now and Christmas Day, and I greet them invigorated by my day off today. A day of time with my wife, and time playing in the snow with a daughter who had wonder in her eyes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?