Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

Stillness

I sit here at 5 in the morning to write this blog. I have not slept well tonight (if at all) due to a persistent cough that does not allow sleep. But I am struck this morning by the stillness at this time of day. The children and wife are still asleep, and as I type, the quiet is striking. It gives me oppurtunity to ponder and think deep thoughts:

I am grateful for my wife and kids. This gratitude is made clearer at times like this, when sleep is taken away, and when I spend long hours away from them at work.

It's interesting to live in a place where weather in the 20's feels relatively warm.

The Twins' new ballpark will seat fewer than Wrigley Field. I am excited to see what this new place will be like, but I have to wait another two years.

The light bulbs are going off in my son's head. It seems like everyday he becomes more and more aware of things. He says "dada" everytime I get home from work, and his recognition is a great source of warmth and comfort for me.

With some luck, tomorrow at this time, I will be back at work with a weaker cough, and a renewed appreciation for my good health!

Comments:
Hope you are better soon. I miss you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?