Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

Grandparents

Over the last couple of days, we had the privilege of seeing all of my grandparents. We had relatively short visits with them, but they were very good visits. Yesterday, we drove up to Santa Barbara for a visit with my paternal grandparents. We were both refreshed by their contentment with our visit, however brief it needed to be.

I was struck by their contentment in general. None of us is perfectly content I suppose, but I can only hope that I, at their age, can be souls of their type; living life with contentment, and still faithfully following the Lord Jesus.

Our vacation is rapidly passing by, as we have made the transition to Steph's family now. I am still so grateful for the time away, and the time that I can take my focus away from work and put it towards other things of value.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?