Monday, January 22, 2007

 

Overnight



If you read the post on my wife's blog last night, this blog may seem a
bit repetitive. In spite of my various macro oriented musings, my
kiddos are indeed ripe with blog entry worthiness. As I face another
work week in a couple of hours, I find myself (as I am most Mondays)
enchanted by these two little ones. I shared a good weekend with them.
We went to the Children's Museum on Saturday, I took Corrie to Lake Nokomis on Sat. to watch some hockey, and yesterday she helped me shovel snow!

It is only on Monday, with the encroaching work week upon me, that the
brevity of this time with them comes so loudly to the forefront. Jack
is, overnight, really starting to talk a lot and put thoughts together.
Last night, as Steph took him to bed, he said "bye bye da da " to me.
Meanwhile, Corrie is busy making her list for their Trader Joe's
shopping trip tonight. They both continue to advance in their own
little ways.

I love my wife, and I miss being alone with her.
But all that quickly vanishes as I realize the wealth of this time in
our life together. Being alone with Steph is necessary for our marriage,
and visits from the parents give us good date time. Further, I do look
forward to being able to look back on our experience as parents. We
hope we can see our kids grown into mature, Godly people who will
follow Christ. But I do not wish to miss the time God has given us now.
As I said, Jack is growing up so quickly, discovering things overnight,
and I am loving watching it again. It is also great to see Corrie watch Jack grow, as that is part of seeing her grow. This is a magical time of life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?