Friday, February 02, 2007

 

Antifreeze my #!$#@

Y'all will get a kick out of this. This morning, I left for work at 4:30. The radio said it was -6. Brisk.

Anyhow, as I made my way to work, I noticed two things. First, my heater wasn't working. That made for a cold ride. Second, after 10 minutes or so of driving, I noticed that the temperature gague on my car was pratically spiked at the hot level. This seemed odd, since it was, as I mentioned, -6.

So I get to work, and head on in. I wanted to check the coolant level, but not at 4:50AM in the dark, and a coworker suggested that low coolant/antifreeze could keep the water from staying unfrozen, thereby rendering it useless in its task of keeping my engine cool.

Fast forward to lunch time. I opened my trunk only to find a bloated, ice solid bottle of antifreeze in my trunk. I proceeded to buy a new jug of antifreeze, poured it down the gullet of my Taurus, and road home in significantly more comfort: a great looking temp gague hovering around the "c" level, and a working heater.

Frozen antifreeze...the very idea.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?