Saturday, April 07, 2007

 

In the Blood

Heard this morning at work:

Me: (Trying to clean our floors with a floor cleaner/buffer): "EXCUSE ME, EXCUSE ME"

Coworker (who grew up a Giants fan): "Typical Dodger fan."

Me: "At least we don't throw batteries at the outfielders."

Coworker: "We don't shoot the opposing teams fans."

Yes, both of these things did really happen in LA and SF. For all the press the Boston/NY rivalry gets, the Dodger/Giant rivalry still is great, and I still am interested when they play each other, though my interest in the Dodgers has waned considerably.

They have beat the Giants twice in a row. And it's even sweeter since they have beat them 2 in a row in SF. I can see them now-those sad Bay Area types with their Black and Orange faces, waving their Beat LA posters (for since they have never won a World Series in SF, beating the Dodgers is really all they have, poor chaps), saddened not once, but twice now. Apparently, the Dodgers have won 7 in a row in SF dating back to last year.

I always have a spring in my step on days like these. I guess it's in the blood.

Every time I'm out, they keep pulling me back in.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?