Sunday, May 27, 2007

 

The Coasts are Getting Clearer and Clearer

You'll get a kick out of this.

The other night, a funny young comedian was on Jay Leno's show (usually I would not admit to watching his program...but I digress). The best line I thought he had was about California real estate prices. I paraphrase:

"I'm tired of people complaining about how much it is to live here. When they say, 'It's too expensive', I say, 'Good, go back to the middle of the country along with all the other people who have given up on their dreams."

For those in the entertainment industry, moving to the middle of the country would indeed be a concession, I suppose. But for those of us who make our living doing something that doesn't involve making drunk people laugh until the cocktails come back through their nose or stimulating the 18-25 year old libido, it is a truly funny observation. The coasts are wierd places. The presence of water seems to make them feel superior.

The two coasts are dramatically different. But they have one thing in common: their complete conviction of their own superiority. So, as this young man lives the dream in the dreamer's paradise of Southern California, I will continue in my reality in Minnesota. After all, this is the place where hope and dreams go to die. This is the land that God forgot. A grim picture indeed:






I guess I'll just have to take one for the team and live in Minnesota.

Shucks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?