Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

Mom's Day

My mother has always been a source of unconditional love. This reflects God's love to me. As I sit here, 31 with 3 kids of my own now, I realize there are many great things she did for me. But, in a world where (queue the movie trailer music) mothers hate or resent their daughters in law, perhaps the greatest gift she has given me to date was her profound and total support of my marriage to Stephanie. I know letting go has always been hard for her, so it is with a new and deep appreciation that I thank her for her support in a most crucial time in my life; at time when I needed my parents' support most, she came through in a very meaningful way.

Since the day I moved from my parents' home to my own, I have seen my wife mature very well into her role of mom. She is amazing with our kids, and her patience with them also reflects God's patience with us all. I am still learning how Mother's Day includes her, since it still seems so odd that I am a parent...

So I say a happy Mother's Day to them. To my mom who raised me and taught me so much about who I needed to be. And to the mom of my kiddos, who works each day to make a home for them and her husband. She amazes me, and it is so great to see one fulfilling a mission that God has so clearly given to her.

Comments:
Thank you for honoring me in such a dear way, Joel. I miss you and I love you SO much. I am learning a lot still about letting go, even now. I am so thankful that God gave you to me to be my son. I will be so glad to see you on Wednesday!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?