Monday, May 21, 2007

 

A New World Record

Yesterday we flew home from CA. We had a good time. Steph and I were able to attend the final chapel of Dr. Clyde Cook, the now former president of Biola University, the place where both my wife and I went to college. Corrie found some new things about which to be jittery. The best was this one:

In Clyde's honor, there was, after chapel, a Chinese food feast on the campus green. This seemed like a great way to meet up with my parents, sister, brother in law and nephews. When we sat down, ready to enjoy our food, suddenly a Chinese gong sounded loudly. "Oh no..." I thought... "This will scare her." As I looked at Corrie, I could tell she was jittery. She sat in my wife's lap saying, "No...no...I want to go home." At this point, when it seemed it couldn't get worse, it did. Out came the Chinese dragon. This put her over the edge.

We have heard about the "puppet" every day since then. After a scary (for Corrie) plane ride home, our family needed food for the house. We figured it would be goods to skip naps (we lose two hours flying east), so we proceeded to dinner and Target. By the time we were done at Target, Jack had fallen asleep sitting up in the shopping cart!

We got home a little before 7, and decided to put the kids right to bed. We put Jack down at 7:15PM, and this morning, we woke him up at 8:45AM. This my friends, is a new World Record.

More photos will come, but I think this one (of my grandparents with all the great grandkids) is a one to share. Also, I haven't downloaded any others yet, and I am feeling lazy.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?