Monday, June 25, 2007

 

2


I have begun to realize that the blogging is something that is fading from excitement for me. I can't say why. It is great to look back at our first year in Minnesota, so maybe as big events arise, I'll write.

I guess at times it has felt forced...we'll see what happens.

But today is Jack's birthday. The boy is 2 now. As we await number 3 this summer, it is great to see Jack's development. More than anything, Steph and I see a little guy who has a tenderheart. Look at him sideways and he is sobbing. He still rests his head on my shoulder when I put him to bed (I can't remember Corrie ever doing much of that).

As he turns two, what I celebrate is God's unique creature that is seen in him. And I laugh at his quirks.

He is a fun little guy. He loves the playground, loves Thomas the Tank Engine, and has just started to be excited about going to Sunday School.

In her variety of performance art, his sister usually demands more attention, and who knows what variety his little brother will add?

But he is unique. And in a world of 6 billion people, it is astonishing to remember that God never repeats himself. This little guy is loved by Steph and I just as much as our other kids, and God loves him uniquely.

Happy birthday little man. I love you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?