Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

Jack

I wrote this a few months ago (FYI, Jack's middle name, Emet, means truth in Hebrew)...




To Jack Emet

Truth is an illusive thing indeed-
It seems the search for it stretches to eternity.

Some claim to have a truth all their own-
while others claim to own it.

To me, truth has many faces.

I see it in my Lord’s suffering-
the piercing truth of his broken body

I see it in honest work-
that which I do to support my family.

And I see it in the silly grin of one little boy.

What can be true about him you say?

His life is a testimony
To the creative power of God

His smile represents
The joy the Father has in His creation.

And his name is truth.

Comments:
Joel-
This is very wonderful. I am always so moved by the things that you write. I will save this poem along with other wonderful ones that you've written. I hope you will never stop writing poetry. I love you.

Mom
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?