Wednesday, September 26, 2007

 

Doing What We Can



It is hard for me to admit that we are tired. Somehow, I feel that if I do that, I am complaining, and therefore not truly appreciating the tremendous three gifts God has given Steph and I. What I am realizing is that my tiredness does not in any way diminish the blessing that they are. Many difficult growth experiences in the Christian life are deeply tiring, yet we do not see the blessings of them to be diminished...

This week I had a long but good week. Saturday and Sunday were day shifts coupled with a social gathering for me on Saturday, and church on Sunday night. By the time I reached Monday (my weekend is Tuesday/Wednesday right now), I was tired. However, Steph was in pain! After Wes was born, one of her teeth broke, and she had gone a couple of weeks after Wes was born to the dentist to prep for a crown. After the drilling, the pain worsened, to the point that by yesterday, Steph could barely function. After going to the dentist, she learned that her tooth was infected and she would need a root canal. Antibiotics and pain medication were prescribed.

Tomorrow morning, I have a meeting at TJ's, and then I work a 1-11 shift. Steph told me earlier today that she felt that she had been robbed of a weekend with me. I feel the same way, though I had a great time taking the kids to McDonalds for breakfast this morning. (On a separate note, how can McDonalds now claim to push for children's fitness and then put Nintendo Game Cubes in their play area?) Also, I took Corrie and Jack to the playground today.

My hope is that by next weekend, all four of them will be back to normal. so we can enjoy each others company. Right now, Steph and I have been enjoying Season 3 of "House" on DVD, but that is about all we have had time for.

Sometimes I wish we could date more often, but then I realize that, though it would be nice, it only is a couple of hours. The together time we have is loving and molding our children. Wesley is a delight, because he is in the stage where all he really wants is to be held. Parenting is a marathon, and we are learning very well how important it is to pace ourselves :). Right now, we are on mile 2 of 26, and are grateful for the training we received before we started running.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?