Monday, October 15, 2007

 

Happy Birthday? Of Course

She's not going to say it herself on her blog, so I will. On this day, her birthday, my wife is in a lot of pain. She has not been herself for months due to various afflictions, and now she is trying to fight off an infection which is giving her fevers and pain. After stopping off for a birthday treat, she will visit the doctor again today, to try to get the meds she needs. I had planned a birthday bash today, so I have the day off, but we will be spending it a bit differently than I had anticipated.

I think I had always known having children would be tiring at times. But I never anticipated the toll it would take on her each time. On this, her birthday, I reaffirm my deep appreciation for her. She is a great mother, and I hope that the kiddos and I can bring some sunshine into her life on a partly cloudy birthday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?