Saturday, November 17, 2007

 

Wes


Having a baby around again makes me realize again that, all in all, they aren't too complicated. Sure, his arrival has spelled certain health issues for my wife, and I don't wish to minimize that. But when you have a 4 year old and 2 year old, you can appreciate the simplicity of an infant's life. If he's sad, he wants to be held, to eat, or to be changed. I can do 2 out of those 3, and the third option is as easy as handing the boy over.

I remember when Corrie was this age (and a bit older) people saying to me, "Oh...just wait until their older..."

My canned response was always, "Don't worry, I will..."

When life is this simple, it is something to cherish and celebrate, not something to use an an excuse to whine yet again.

In other news, business is ramping up at TJ's, and we have had our first tiny bits of snowfall in the Twin Cities. For some reason, this year feels more stressful, even though I have things more under control at work than I have in years past.

I always have two totally different feeling at this time of year. The work side of me doesn't care for this next month, as stress increases. But, the more important side remembers the great time of year this is, and I will never allow the stress at work to take that away from me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?