Wednesday, December 12, 2007

 

The Boy Can Eat (and Count, Apparently)

Monday we went to the local Pannekoeken Huis (a Minnesota establishment that features amazing pancake-like delicacies called Pannekoeken) by my work. The kids had pancakes, and I cut up Jack's pancakes. After I had cut up the pancakes and dumped some of the syrup on them, he started eating. After a few minutes, he looked up at me and said longingly, "MORE SYRUP."

I proceeded to dump more of the syrup, though not all. I returned to my delicious Pineapple Pannekoeken for a few more minutes, only to hear yet again, "MORE SYRUP." At this, I drained the syrup cup and allowed him to enjoy all of the syrup which he was allocated.

Today, when the boy did his business on the potty, he got his typical chocolate treat for so doing. I reached in the bag of M&Ms and took out 3 of them (my usual ration for him). As he began eating them, he said to me, "I want four."

I guess he knows how to count too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?