Saturday, January 12, 2008

 

Settling In

So another Holiday Season is behind us. Since I believe strongly that there are two holidays celebrated in December instead of merely one, I can be sad that one of them is over, while being relieved that I have made it through another Holiday Season. Now, we settle in for some months of cold, snowy weather. The mercury is supposed to be below zero in a week, so we will be finding indoor alternatives in our activities.

One thing that it looks like will be taken care of is the selling of our old car. We are waiting for a gentleman to come pick up our old car today, since we finally went ahead and bought a minivan for our increasing family. May I just add that my wife and I are not cut out to be salespeople? I will be relieved when this is over, though happy with the extra money that we can put away.

Steph and I celebrated another anniversary on Tuesday. Each year gets better, and I am happy with who God gave to me. We celebrated a week ago with dinner and a movie (Italian dinner, and Juno was the movie), and on the actual day we decided it would be appropriate to celebrate with our kids.

We are going to CA again for the first time in awhile next month. Some school called "Biola" (someone told me my family has a connection to it-I remain skeptical) is celebrating its centennial, and we look forward to seeing family and friends. We also look forward to introducing Wes to some folks who haven't met him, including his Uncle and cousins.

It feels like we are settling in here in Minneapolis once and for all. Our family is (probably) complete with three kids, we are in our home, and we have a car in which to haul everyone around. Though so much has changed, things seem eerily familiar. I don't know what that means, but it sounded cool.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?