Wednesday, June 25, 2008

 

Three

Jack is three today. I wrote this a year ago, and it still fits:

To Jack Emet

Truth is an illusive thing indeed-
It seems the search for it stretches to eternity.

Some claim to have a truth all their own-
while others claim to own it.

To me, truth has many faces.

I see it in my Lord’s suffering-
the piercing truth of his broken body

I see it in honest work-
that which I do to support my family.

And I see it in the silly grin of one little boy.

What can be true about him you say?

His life is a testimony
To the creative power of God

His smile represents
The joy the Father has in His creation.

And his name is truth.


When Jack was born, his health was a bit uncertain to us. He was very sleepy, and other circumstances made it such that we were quite sure he was OK, but were waiting for some results of a screen. He was and is fine, and the three years we have had with him have been a delight.

This year, he has become more independent. He has definitely shown himself to be in a "mom" phase, loving me but certainly wanting Steph to perform the actions he sees as his routine. As I saw him running his toy mower across the front lawn today, I thought about how different life was three years ago. He was born in Orange, CA, and we had no idea that we would be living in Minnesota just 9 months later. In fact, we knew almost nothing about our future. We only knew that we had our first son, and that he slept...a lot. He was the snuggliest of the three. The funny thing is that life is such a blur that one really has to slow down to remember some of the details. But the more I think, the more I remember those wonderful days when he entered our lives, and as he continues to grow, it is our privilege to see him grow in the knowledge of God. Plus, he really loves his puzzles, and how could you not love puzzles?

Happy Birthday little man, daddy loves you.

Comments:
Yes, Happy Birthday, dear Little Jack!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?