Sunday, October 05, 2008

 

The Beat Goes On

One month ago, I wrote this:

"If the baseball gods are really smiling on the situation, somehow this lackluster Dodgers or Diamondback team will end up taking out the Cubs, who haven't been in the Series in 63 years, haven't won it in 100 years, but have the best record in the NL this year."

Well, the gods apparently were smiling, and yet again a lackluster team has indeed taken out the best team in the league.

I cannot fully be happy because of my stubborn principles about baseball, but I am happy to see the Dodgers celebrate.

The whole thing is made worse by the fact that the 100 win Angels are on the verge of elimination as well. Another thing I wrote a month ago was this:

"Right now, I'm hoping for a true World Series, and that would be the Cubs and the Angels."

One of the teams is out, and the other has to rally to survive the first round.

I will not discontinue the beating of this drum, because it is baseball, and I want it to be played the way it should be played.

But, since I live in the real world and know it will never be different,
GO DODGERS!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?