Thursday, October 30, 2008

 

A Little Love for Philadelphia

I did not get to see the conclusion of game 5 last night, as I was working. Having said that, there is always something that moves me when a team with such history and tradition wins a World Series. The Philadelphia Phillies are one of the 8 original professional teams which made up the National League as we know it today-this format was in place in 1899, though the National League was originally founded in 1876.

Having said that, The Phillies are the worst team in professional sports history. They have lost more games than any other sports franchise. They finally won their first World Series in 1980. So, to see the city of Philadelphia celebrate last night was a wonderful momentary refuge from the nasty world in which we live. To see veteran players like Jimmy Rollins and Brad Lidge frolic like young children and celebrate the moment always gets to me.

Furthermore, I love to see the wealth spread around in baseball. I love to see different cities have a championship now and then. I am so happy for the city of Philadelphia, since they have finally caught up to the Cubs by winning their second world series!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?